Wheezy tom

ghost95

Hatching
Nov 4, 2022
Hello! I have a tom and a hen and I am new to raising turkeys so far. I raised my turkeys with 2 chickens from babies. Now the issue is my tom is sounding a bit wheezy, burpy, and I swear I even heard him fart a few times, i tried to feel his crop and it just feels full of air, his appetite is normal and he could even maybe lose a few pounds hes a big boy id say 37-45 lbs spanish black(i think, at least thats what the feed store said), is this a sign of sour crop or do you think this will pass? Or is it normal for them to be burpy on occassion? Thank you!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221104-082307_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20221104-082307_Gallery.jpg
    351.6 KB · Views: 14
Hello! I have a tom and a hen and I am new to raising turkeys so far. I raised my turkeys with 2 chickens from babies. Now the issue is my tom is sounding a bit wheezy, burpy, and I swear I even heard him fart a few times, i tried to feel his crop and it just feels full of air, his appetite is normal and he could even maybe lose a few pounds hes a big boy id say 37-45 lbs spanish black(i think, at least thats what the feed store said), is this a sign of sour crop or do you think this will pass? Or is it normal for them to be burpy on occassion? Thank you!
Toms normally inflate their breast area with air. They use this inflated air sac to aid in their drumming sounds.

Back
Top Bottom