When can ducklings get there first wash or bath and learn to swim?

Lukewarm right?
My ducks started put in a plastic drawer with water half an inch deep. The next week they were in a small tote box with six inches. The next week they were in an industrial size plastic storage box with a foot of water. They grow soooooooo fast....

I don't have an exact temperature. But it should be warm enough from the start to stay warm the whole time they are in the water. As soon as it starts to get cold they need to be taken out.

I went from bathroom sink, to plastic tote, to bathtub. I always filled them as much as possible because the ducklings really like to dive. Once they moved to the tote and tub I put my hand along the surface of the water. It gave them a place to sit and rest and was a fun bonding experience for me.

I agree. But its so hard to take em out
sad.png

The first time seeing ducks (as ducklings still :D) diving was an amazing experience

So I'm normally a chicken gal, but my hubby surprised me with ducklings the other day. This info was very helpful ladies, as I was curious as well to when I could let them have their first bath. They're a little on the wild side with their water and feed in their broody box, (you would have thought they were teens home alone) so I'm glad to hear that they can play in a little water to get cleaned up a bit! They are so much fun, can't believe I haven't gotten them before now!

Back
Top Bottom