GoldpartridgeHen

Songster
5 Years
Mar 27, 2018
England
My Coop
My Coop
Hello,

I have a Partridge Cochin pullet and a Cuckoo Marans cockerel that I need to permanently move outside into their outdoor run. They are a bit under 7 weeks, and I would have moved them out earlier but for the fact that its been raining for nearly a week now and the temp is about 13 degrees c (55 f) because of that (before that is was abt 18-20 c (64 to 67 f)

What is the lowest safest temperature I can put them outside in?
They are both fully feathered other than the odd small patch of fluff, but should I still have a heat lamp in the house?

Attachments

• DSCN0608.JPG
    DSCN0608.JPG
    689.3 KB · Views: 11
Sorry, I forgot to mention that I have new chicks coming to the brooder in 1 week, so it would be best to get them moved out straight away, especially as I have a cockerel.

Nope, I turned it off when they turned 6 weeks, so they've been off heat for about half a week.
The room temperature is pretty much consistently 24 c (75 f)

I would put them outside in the coop, they will be fine as long as your coop is not drafty. They may sleep on the roost, but may also snuggle together in a corner. Close off your nest boxes so they don't get used to sleeping in there.
I still have a 3 year old hen who sleeps in the favorite nesting box every night.

Back
Top Bottom