When can I put my ducks outside?

Lrm93

Chirping
Aug 9, 2017
i have 2 ducklings that are around 8-9 weeks old, and 4 that are about 3 weeks old. My 2 bigger ones are huge, and making a mess out of their enclosure in my basement. I'm ready for them to go out. They have almost all of their feathers except the feathers on the top of their heads. Can I put them outside? I'm in Pa, daytime temps right now stay between 65°-80°, night temps between 50°-60°.

i have 2 ducklings that are around 8-9 weeks old, and 4 that are about 3 weeks old. My 2 bigger ones are huge, and making a mess out of their enclosure in my basement. I'm ready for them to go out. They have almost all of their feathers except the feathers on the top of their heads. Can I put them outside? I'm in Pa, daytime temps right now stay between 65°-80°, night temps between 50°-60°.
Also, I'm a first time duck owner so any tips would be greatly appreciated. Especially since they will be living next door to my chicken coop.

What is their coop like? Sounds fine as long as they have some bedding to snuggle in protected by a secure house.
They will actually be living in a metal dirty floor addition that was built onto my garage. Doors will be open during the day so they can free range, and back in at night. (I have a guard dog outside of my coop and he's never let any preditors in). They will have a dog house with straw, a heat lamp for really cold nights, and a kiddy pool.

They will actually be living in a metal dirty floor addition that was built onto my garage. Doors will be open during the day so they can free range, and back in at night. (I have a guard dog outside of my coop and he's never let any preditors in). They will have a dog house with straw, a heat lamp for really cold nights, and a kiddy pool.
Mine usually hatch and live outside day 1 and only time I had a problem was a week of unusual 8 degree weather. 50s should be fine for the older ducks. At 4 weeks your younger ones should be able to move out as long as they have a draft proof house with straw or bedding to keep warm at night.

Back
Top Bottom