When City Folks Move to the Country

gig.gif
lau.gif
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA FUNNY! If we ever move to the country I think I'd be able to tell the difference between a possum and a cat!(we have possums, hawks, raccoons, YOU NAME IT! ) Really enjoyed it.

Quote:
You mean like these kitties I found when I was out horseback riding and stuffed down my shirt to bring home?
000_0004.jpg

100_0211.jpg

100_0212.jpg

100_0217.jpg

(I grew up on an island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. Nobody ever told me that unlike ferrets or such creatures that develope thier musk glands as they mature, SKUNKS are BORN able to spray!)
These guys were old enough not to have to be on the bottle, but too young to be on their own. I had them for about 3 months until they were old enough to release.

did they spray in your house? When I was a little girl my dad farmed on a ranch that had a slough run through it. We kids loved going with dad back to the fields after dinner because we saw all kinds of critters that usually wounldn't come up to our house. Best was when he pulled the truck over so we could look at the baby skunks. Of course I wanted to bring one home.

There was a skunk that got hit by a car near one of our riding trails. A couple days later, the babies started showing up. I found 2 the first day, 1 the next and then 2 more, for a total of 5. The first 2 days, they stayed in the bathroom, but 5 was too many! They lived on my deck, which I put mesh around the railings. The only time they sprayed (except for the first time I caught them) was when an opossum came up on the deck after either them or the food dish. They nailed it and I have not had any problems with possums or coons in my trash since! (baby skunk stink seems to be easier to get rid of than the adult version, by the way)

Back
Top Bottom