When clocks go back or forwards...

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by eggsrcool, Oct 25, 2009.

1. eggsrcool

eggsrcool Sussex Fanatic

Will it be automatically changed? In England our clocks went back an hour last night, and I noticed some posts were at 'Today, 8.00am' for example, however its not 8am yet.

Thanks.

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Not a clue.

In AZ the clocks never change, but for most of North America, they all fall backwards the first weekend in November.

3. ducks4you

ducks4you Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2009
    East Central Illinois
    There was a time when the whole of north america had, more or less the same time. Then came, Daylight Savings Time, when some, but never ALL of the united States "Sprung forward" in the Spring, and "Fell backwards" in the Fall. It was supposed to give you some extra daylight in the evening when the days were longest. We, in Illinois are scheduled to fall back and lose one hour, which ironically lets you gain one extra hour of sleep (which you lose again in the Spring) next Saturday night,) THIS saturday night. ALL of my natural life, we turned out clocks forward in April, and turned our clocks backward in October.
    Then...some B R I L L I A N T useful idiot decided to muck with the time, YET AGAIN!! 3 years ago the schedule changed: NOW we spring forward in March, and fall back in November. We NEVER really know what time it is for our friends, who live east of us in Indiana, because some of their counties wisely never adopted ANY daylight savings time. [​IMG]

4. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    Isn't daylight savings obnoxious? You never know what time it is! Someday they'll decide it's a waste of time.

5. wombat

wombat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2009
    Depends on what's running on the server hosting the forum.

Some systems have a complete table that can adjust the offset from GMT for any location, and users can enter their location and all the offsets adjust for local daylight savings time rules based on the user's location.

Others only adjust for daylight savings time where the server is located, and everything else simply has a standard offset based on timezone and nothing else.

If that's the case with this server, you'll see the server clock adjust when the clock reaches 2am Sunday in whatever timezone the BYC server is located in, and you'll be an hour off until then.

Edit: Looks like this server only supports basic offsets. If you want the time to show up correctly between now and Sunday, you can go into your user profile and change your offset manually by one hour, and then change it back on Sunday.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2009
  6. eggsrcool

eggsrcool Sussex Fanatic

Thanks.

I've gone to my profile and set the time back an hour. Thanks everyone [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by