WHen do li'l Roos start crowing??

Momagain1

Songster
8 Years
Feb 13, 2011
Central IL
please oh please tell me I just have one that is faking lol...

they are supposed to be females lol...
one just kinda crowed a dead chicken crow lol..but we arent sure
if it was a long CLUUCK or something...

I think they are 3-4 wks yesterday..I cant remember lol

isnt that too early??

Nope, not too early. I had one crow at 10 weeks (the alpha), his brother at 15 weeks. The infamous Impy crowed at 2 weeks old.

I had a Sebright that crowed at 3weeks. Sounded like someone squeezing the air out of a balloon and making it squeel.

Then again, I have 2 EE's that are about 16 weeks and they still peep!
barnie.gif

Well, it's not really a crow but more of a throat squeak. I had one do it at 3 weeks also. Did it a couple times that day and then stopped for a week. Started up again and same thing.

I had one especially manly chick start up around 4 weeks. It was a funny little sound at first. Very squeaky and pitiful. HA! He finally got the hang of it and turned out ot be a great crower. Most wait until they are mature, but every now and then you have a little go-getter that likes to practice early.

I LOVE the early crows no matter what the age. They are so pitiful! I know my neighbors all think I'm crazy as I make encouraging comments to my boys as they practice.
lol.png

I have a little Mille Fleur Cochin chick who started crowing at just about 2 weeks. Sounded like someone was skinning him alive. He then moved on to picking on the other chicks.

He now, at 3 weeks of age, will try and call hens when he finds a treat! We call him Brooder Bully
roll.png

haha...I don tthink I'll encourage mine to crow anytime soon...
they are in the attached garage; door to garage from house...open lolol...

Back
Top Bottom