When do Wyandottes generally start laying?

Mine are pushing 22 weeks and nothing im starting to get frustrated will i have to wait another month uhggg

Mine never did lay, she was an internal layer. I guess that's not that uncommon with factory Wyandottes. It was hard to let her go. I waited 1.5 years before culling her.

Last edited:
Mine never did lay, she was an internal layer. I guess that's not that uncommon with factory Wyandottes. It was hard to let her go. I waited 1.5 years before culling her.
well i have three of them so could.they all be internal layers

well i have three of them so could.they all be internal layers

Garbed, internal layers are uncommon so I would say no, they are not all internal layers. Honestly, just be patient, they will lay. It could take 2 more months but they will come around. Watch for the signs. Brit red comb and wattles, squatting when you walk up on them and that sort of thing. Like I said, the odds of any of yours being internal layers are very slim. It is not unusual at all that yours are not laying at just 22 weeks old. I think my SLW started laying at about 28 weeks if I recall correctly but I have heard lots of people talk about them laying at 30+ weeks.

We have three, a Blue Laced Red Black, Silver Laced and a Partridge. They were all born in January but the BLRB has a redder comb and bigger, redder watlles. Last nite she squatted when I approached her a let me pet her. A first! No eggs yet but is she close?
fl.gif

Well, two of ours (BLRB & Partridge) are into full production mode now.
celebrate.gif
Getting almost an egg a day now from each although I would not call them large.
idunno.gif
Just finished a 6 egg omelet to clean up this weeks batch. My wife has hard boiled the rest.
The SLW comb and wattles just turned red the last day or so and I saw eating oyster shell this morning! When she gets going.....

Last edited:
3 Columbian, 1 GL, 4 BLR, all 22 weeks tomorrow.............nothing..........no egg....for scrambles, deviled eggs, eggs benedict, omelettes, poached, over easy, sunny side up.....nothing. Feeling defeated! This is my first ever backyard chicken flock and the anticipation is deadly. I am having dreams of chicken eggs. Any body have some good ideas to take my mind off of the egg nightmares?

Back
Top Bottom