When do Wyandottes generally start laying?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by BDF SL Wyandottes, Jul 6, 2011.

1. lauranickerson

lauranickerson Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2013
    Kingsley, MI
    I have two SLW and two GLW that are about 17-18 weeks old. I'm getting antsy! I hope it's sometime soon! They don't really like me getting close to them so seeing if they squat is almost impossible. [​IMG]

I also have four BLR that are only about 6 weeks old, but so cute. They are going to be gorgeous. One male (blue strain) and three females (splash strain). So excited...or as they say..eggcited! [​IMG]

2. lauranickerson

Apr 17, 2013
    Kingsley, MI
    I take that back, they don't mind me being close to them, but as soon as I make a move to touch them or pick them up, they're gone! lol. One is pretty easy to catch, though. :)

3. marktoo

marktoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Mine are the same way, you can walk amongst em,sit by them but try to touch them & they're gone. I apparently only have one laying, guess she actually started laying a day earlier than I thought but I didn't find the egg until there was 2. 24 weeks today! These other 3 better get busy.

4. lauranickerson

Apr 17, 2013
    Kingsley, MI
    It's agonizing waiting for them! Haha.

5. marktoo

Had another hen squat today, another one, squatted a couple weeks back. The only one laying, never did. We had to buy a dozen eggs today. Dang chickens!

Last edited: Sep 12, 2013
  6. Sunflower3628ac

Sunflower3628ac Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2013
    West Palm Beach, FL
    I have a SLW hen that has not even started squatting and is 7 months. The EE hen that is the same age just started laying last week on Wednesday. I get these greenish eggs every other day from her. I also have a Dutch Bantam hen I am waiting on too. Don't know her age since I purchased her from a local person.

7. marktoo

Got 3 eggs today, up until now we've been only getting 1. 3 laying 1 to go, 25weeks 2 days.

MelissaLarsen likes this.
  8. BirdWalkFarm

BirdWalkFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

I have six Silver Penciled Wyandotte pullets that I have raised . They are going on five months and no sign of laying . They are very large ! So happy to hear they are late bloomers .

9. Silkielover16

Silkielover16 Out Of The Brooder

May 1, 2012
    I hope they start laying soon!!!! I have a BLRW and a GLRW they are going on about 24 weeks and still no eggs [​IMG] ...lol

10. marktoo

I've got one GLW still not laying at 26+ weeks. ! GLW & ! SLW that are sporadic.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by