When do Wyandottes generally start laying?

Pics
I have two SLW and two GLW that are about 17-18 weeks old. I'm getting antsy! I hope it's sometime soon! They don't really like me getting close to them so seeing if they squat is almost impossible.
hmm.png

I also have four BLR that are only about 6 weeks old, but so cute. They are going to be gorgeous. One male (blue strain) and three females (splash strain). So excited...or as they say..eggcited!
lau.gif

I take that back, they don't mind me being close to them, but as soon as I make a move to touch them or pick them up, they're gone! lol. One is pretty easy to catch, though. :)

I take that back, they don't mind me being close to them, but as soon as I make a move to touch them or pick them up, they're gone! lol. One is pretty easy to catch, though. :)

Mine are the same way, you can walk amongst em,sit by them but try to touch them & they're gone. I apparently only have one laying, guess she actually started laying a day earlier than I thought but I didn't find the egg until there was 2. 24 weeks today! These other 3 better get busy.

I have a SLW hen that has not even started squatting and is 7 months. The EE hen that is the same age just started laying last week on Wednesday. I get these greenish eggs every other day from her. I also have a Dutch Bantam hen I am waiting on too. Don't know her age since I purchased her from a local person.

I hope they start laying soon!!!! I have a BLRW and a GLRW they are going on about 24 weeks and still no eggs
barnie.gif
...lol

Back
Top Bottom