When do you start hearing peeping?

Quote:
I held one up to me ear and heard it peeping but no pips.
sad.png

Quote:
sad.png

Be patient! I know it's hard, but leave them in the incubator, so the temp and humidity can remain constant. Once I put mine in lockdown, I didn't open it until most of my chicks were hatched and fluffy (this morning), and that was to quickly scoop the ones out that were dry and ready to go to the brooder - I quickly replaced the lid so the humidity could return to it's proper range. I have 15 out of 17 chicks hatched, and one of the remaining two has pipped. If you're hearing peeping, they've internally pipped. They will do better if you keep your levels constant.
wink.png

Good luck on your hatch! What's in your 'bator?

Quote:
sad.png

Be patient! I know it's hard, but leave them in the incubator, so the temp and humidity can remain constant. Once I put mine in lockdown, I didn't open it until most of my chicks were hatched and fluffy (this morning), and that was to quickly scoop the ones out that were dry and ready to go to the brooder - I quickly replaced the lid so the humidity could return to it's proper range. I have 15 out of 17 chicks hatched, and one of the remaining two has pipped. If you're hearing peeping, they've internally pipped. They will do better if you keep your levels constant.
wink.png

Good luck on your hatch! What's in your 'bator?

But its so hard to keep it closed!! the ones im waiting to hatch are silkies/leghorn cross and two white rock leghorn crosses and i added a white leghorn to lock down yesterday.
smile.png

Still no pip here, or peeping.
sad.png

I did the float test, they all floated normally, but I could only see one moving.. I think!
fl.gif

So I put them all back in my homemade bator.. I hope it works!
Great to hear you still have movement and can hear them peeping!!! Good luck!!!!

Back
Top Bottom