When is it safe to let my hen back out?

lollywinne

In the Brooder
Sep 29, 2021
Please allow me to preface my question: The issue that caused her injuries has been addressed. I'm not asking if we need to take care of the predator or do anything different to protect her. We already know what has to be done to protect our flock. That being said, her wounds are healing extremely well. She's been in a crate in our garage to heal for the past 4-5 days. I let her out of the crate today and she is walking around the garage. She stretches her wings, flaps them a bit, eats, drinks and explores. She's truly doing great, but I don't want to rush her. Her wounds weren't too deep, and are healing well, but not really scabbed up yet. What signs should we look for that tell us she's ready to go back with the rest of the flock? Thanks in advance! ❤️🐔❤️

I would try moving her crate into the coop with the other birds now, and see how they do when they cannot harm her. Then try some supervised visits free ranging once her wounds have closed. Do you have any pictures of the wounds now?

I would try moving her crate into the coop with the other birds now, and see how they do when they cannot harm her. Then try some supervised visits free ranging once her wounds have closed. Do you have any pictures of the wounds now?

Back
Top Bottom