1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

When it rains it pours!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by MeatKing, Dec 6, 2010.

1. MeatKing

MeatKing Chillin' With My Peeps

We are sure gonna have better lucky next week, I'm sure of it. DH, got something in his eye, was bothering him for a week or so.
    Then I fell, tough girl I am, didn't go to hospital till 3 days after fall, I have a fractured rib [​IMG] Plus a cold, so every time I cough it hurts [​IMG] Yes I'm a baby. Then last night dd 4 & hubby on threw-up all night. DH just went to bed, he was up all night, I'm up with 2 kids, our other dd 2 just threw up all over me [​IMG] Gosh, if I get this flu- I don't know what my rib will do [​IMG] Plus I run a house cleaning company and can not afford the time off, dh is laid off and it's only my income paying for christmas presents. I can't get this flu too [​IMG] But I took a bite of dd 2 cookie yesterday... Oh I wonder if gravel will help with the flu? I'm already taking that with the pain meds.

I'm gonna go buy a lotto ticket, I'm sure it can only get better from here! Right

Sorry for whining, I just had too

2. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    [​IMG] You are no baby! You are a tough lady who is handling it all with a broken rib! A nice gentle cyber hug to you, and deep breath, it will get better.

Do not sweat the Christmas stuff. Have your holiday in January. Call the guests and tell them all that everyone has the flu, (trust me, they will be glad you did) Postpone and rest.

Please be gentle to yourself.

3. Scoop

Scoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2009
    Central PA
    Another gentle cyber hug for you [​IMG] I'm hearing about some people really sick in my area, too.

4. Moabite

Moabite Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2010
    Utah
    I'm still suffering a little from the food poisoning I gave myself Thursday night. I'm glad no one else got it. I got a cough too, but having a 1st grader and a one yr old, it is inevitable that I get to experience each and every cold/flu that circulates. However, I'm grateful that I don't have a broken rib or ribs. I've had that condition before and it is no fun, and for some strange reason, one cannot have cracked ribs and not have an accompanying cough to go with it. You really need to rest and not have worry on your mind. You've probably been working too hard anyway. Even if you went to work, you wouldn't be able to do much, and your body is already working overtime trying to heal up. Things will get better soon. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by