When putting your eggs into your bator... do you start it unheated?

MichiganWoods

DD (Artistic Digital Diva)
11 Years
Oct 6, 2008
West Michigan
Got notification that my 22 eggs should be here around Thursday/Friday (EEEEEEEE!). When they arrive, I know I have to let them sit large end up for 8-12 hours before putting them in the bator... but should the bator be started at room temperature, or should I pre-heat it and have it toasty for when I put the eggs in there?

You should start your bator several days before placing the eggs in it to stablize the
temp and humidity. Then, once you put in the eggs it will take a few hours (depending
on the bator) to restabilize.

You should start your incubator and let the temp stabilize for a couple of days before the eggs are put in. This make sure it is already set and ready to run without any spikes that could kill your eggs.

Yep, agree with everyone here...you have to have your incubator set up and running at an even temp for several days. You'll want to do this ASAP as sometimes it takes several days to get it just right.
smile.png

Excellent. I was thinking that would be the case, so plugged it in before going to sleep last night. Will check in on it often today to make sure the temperature is holding steady. I'm also gonna go pick up a humidity gauge and another more accurate thermometer.

Thanks for the replies!

P.S. Where is everyone getting those nifty smilies that are not the standard ones shown below the Bold / Italic / Underline / Image / Quote / Word-Link menu?

When you are posting, look to the right of the box you are typing in.....you will see the word Smilies, then a link that says "show" - click that to see more smilies!
D.gif

~Rebecca
clap.gif

Back
Top Bottom