when should i give up and turn the bator off and throw eggs out?

Yes we will have take him all the way...Hopefully once he gets some rest and air he can snap out of it and come out on his own. But we don't want to rush this, it's going to be a long process..... is there any blood? Can you get most of the shell of, don't worry about some fluids. Did he peep at all when you made the hole? Does it look like he can breath now? Is the hole near or by his beak?

Quote:
i couldn't tell if the hole was by his beak. i took the top half of the shell off and stopped when i saw the flap of membrane. do i need to take more shell off? he didn't peep but is moving a little

Quote:
yes but he's not really doing anything

Thats ok lets let him catch up. You just gave him a shot of air, I'm sure his not used to that since he's been in an air bubble all this time. lol... Are you ready for a long night?

Quote:
yes but he's not really doing anything. thanks so much for your help!
hugs.gif

Quote:
yes but he's not really doing anything. thanks so much for your help!
hugs.gif

Dont thank me yet, this is the scariest and hardest part I think. Because if we go to fast we could kill him, if we go to slow, he could end up dying. is he back in the incubator with a warm cloth?? Just look at it this way when they make that first hole, they don't come out right away, it takes a long time. So we have to be just as patient. I have gotten impatient several times and because of my rushiness, I ended up losing them. So its really important that we take our time.

Back
Top Bottom