When sizzles go wrong - barred NN

Hi! I've got a couple that hatched with broad combs like his.
I don't know what it would be called --- looks kind of like a cushion comb gone wrong.
I remember Jet! Pretty girl!
Were you trying to get dark-skin and crested?
Do you have a pic of the black Frizz NN?
I'm not getting blacks from my Frizz NN pen (didn't expect to since it is blue x splash) --- just lots of blues and splashes and some unexpected 'off colored' ones.
smile.png

Lisa

Quote:
Yep this is an picture I took like a month ago of Dolly, although her skin isn't quite black it is darn close. Her crest is even larger now and like a giant pom pom. She looks cute but has the personality of a witch. Her new goal in life is to peck every young chick 50 times a day. They have learned to run from her.

RSCN1088.jpg

I also got this girl: Her name is Tina and she is like a very soft matte black. I think they both came from Jet as sex-linked girls. There is one more hatch mate of Uglie that is solid black,silkie feathered and frizzled.

RSCN1092.jpg

He would be great to have around just for the reactions. People come over and freak out that I have a "baby buzzard". Although I get a weird enough reaction owning chickens at all from most my family, except my uncle. He and I had a long conversation about his old chicken flock and his old Ameracauna rooster.

Dipsy - here is a picture of her head now. The front of her neck is light colored but the back is slate and so is most her skin.

RSCN1404.jpg

Here is a picture of the silkie feathered black frizzle - hard to get a shot since they are being raised by a broody and she always makes them run away.

RSCN1403.jpg

I want to make pillows out of Tina - she outdoes silkie softness by spades. She says "bawk??" when I tell her that in the morning.

Back
Top Bottom