When to add pine litter to the brooder?

Well I am on day 2 of 15 chickens and 10 turkeys together. Have one that seems to like to sleep on his back. This is my first flock. I have never owned a bird of any kind.
Your pic is too blurry to tell.

Mine never eat it out of the feed, they just leave it in the bottom. Maybe that's just my birds I guess? If they eat it out of the feeder then that would be great, mine just always pick around it though. I do provide it in a separate container and then they eat some. I give it maybe once a week or so, and one day before the day I give the birds treats. It's interesting to see how others do it

While they're little they seem to just blindly eat whatever's in front of them, so they do pick some up. Especially if I wet the feed, it just makes it harder for them to be picky

Once they're teens or adults, even if you try to "trick" them into eating some grit on top of the feed, they'll just throw it aside and keep eating (yes I tried it, I was curious... came back to find empty bowls with pieces of grit neatly sitting on the bottom :lol:).

If your birds are happy and healthy the way you've been doing it, absolutely no reason to change it up!

Attachments

• 20200420_210509.jpg
    20200420_210509.jpg
    630.9 KB · Views: 10

Back
Top Bottom