When to expect eggs?

redneckgirl

In the Brooder
12 Years
Aug 8, 2007
Haha Im kinda an "old-timer" at the whole chicken raising thing.. but I'm still impatient as to when my newer girls will start to lay... I have three buff orps & I RIR that will be fifteen weeks tommorow. When did yours start to lay?
woot.gif

Mine are just over 4 mts. old and one of them just started laying 4 days ago. Depends on breed and many other factors but about 20 weeks seems to be the average. Good Luck being patient.

One of my EE's are laying at 19 weeks. I also have a BO but she doesn't look near ready yet. She looks like she could go another 3 weeks or so before laying.

I can't wait to get my first eggs. My girls are almost 17 weeks old (RIRs). The local feed store sells mostly RIRs and told me it'd be 6 months. I hope not. I don't want to wait another month! I even have family that is looking forward to the fresh eggs. They all thought I was nuts for building this coop and getting the chicks, but now they all want eggs. Go figure! 20 weeks should put me at about the middle/end of July. I am SO looking forward to it!

Blessings,

Jason

Ugh, the wait is killing me!
he.gif
My pullets are almost 18 weeks (Sunday) and still no eggs. My BSL is really read with the biggest comb and wattles followed by my EE and one of my Golden Comets. I wish one of the three would pop one out already!!

Do you all find that your pullets started the squat before they layed?

Oooh, I'm checking on the girls at least ten times a day. They're 18 1/2 weeks old and Monday found 4 tiny eggs, but nothing since. Today is Wednesday - guess I'm really impatient. Two buff ops, two BR, one RIR.

Tiny eggs, but delicious!

Back
Top Bottom