When to expect eggs?

My BO is about 23 weeks and still no eggs. She still looks like she has some growing to do though... maybe she's a runt. My RIR's starting laying at 20 weeks but we "helped" them by moving them onto laying feed. My uncle (old school farmer man) said the hormones in the laying feed "jump start" the laying process. Best luck- I can't wait for my little BO pullet to become a HEN.
wink.png

Mine are 16 weeks and I got my first egg yesterday, from I am pretty much sure a golden buff. She has been squatting for me for a week or so and no one else has been doing that.

What are you guys feeding your chickens!!!!
barnie.gif
So many with eggs so early. Today is my husband's birthday...maybe they'll get him an egg as a present for all the work he put into setting up their comfy new home!

My RIR just started last week at about 19 weeks. Nothing from the other two yet.

I just had my first 2 homegrown eggs for breakfast.

They were! But kinda smallish still. I could have ate 4 or 5 but I'm saving some of the first ones for reference and posterity. They are getting a bit bigger every day though.

Its definitely going to take all three birds in full production to keep up with demand, not to mention what I've promised others in free eggs
lol.png

I have approximately 12 different 'kinds' of hens. Mine are not quite 4 1/2 months old.

The first variety to begin laying were my Red Stars (Red Sex Links). Now the Black Stars have begun laying. The RIR's and others so far haven't started laying.

Back
Top Bottom