When to expect hatch? (Update Day 18)

I usually move them out of the bator in the morning and again in the evening. So if they started hatching this morning, I'd take any hatched (dry) ones out tonight, then any other hatchlings in the morning would be taken out.

I think they prob hatched more afternoon then morning. The one that just hatched didn't look too much different in dryness an hour later then the others. Just checked again and now I have 14 out of 18. I will wake up a lil earlier 6am to move all to the brooder.

Day 18... i removed all 14 that hatched yest. to the brooder. Left the other 4 eggs in the incubator. lets see what happens with those. After placing them in the brooder they huddled and moved around for few minutes until they calmed done and began napping.

Is this normal for them to be sleeping so fast? I saw them peck a lil bit at the food on the floor but they didnt get close to the water since the lamp/heat is on the front end. Should i dip there beaks in the water when i get home just in case or move the water closer to lamp while im observing them?

quailbrooder.jpg

Last edited:
if they are "huddling" you should check the temperature to be sure it's warm enough for them in the brooder.
they sleep alot when they are new..eat, sleep , poop... yup that's what they do alright ! LOL...
DO make sure they know where and what the water is.
sweeet chickpeas BTW
thumbsup.gif

They all huddled like a ball at first, for like 5mins till the temp got more stable from 95 to 100. Then they spread out a bit. I'll bring the water closer to them when i get home i guess.

Back
Top Bottom