When to expect MPC chicks? *Pic. heavy (p.4)*

I am so glad so many folks jumped on this great offer they had. My chicks are shipping on Monday and I cannot wait!

I called the CT. office about shipment...and was told they ship out from Ohio.

I even asked the "packing peanuts question" and the customer rep. told me sometimes they do add to a small order ....but not roos ......and I likely wouldn't get more than my 25 EEs. That's ok with me!LOL

Quote:
They sure are cute little fuzzies. Are they pullets?

One of those BR's white spot looks like a roo white spot.

Thanks for sharing your little ones with us. Can't wait to see pics next week from those that get them shipped 9/14.

~*Sweet Cheeks*~ :

Quote:
They sure are cute little fuzzies. Are they pullets?

One of those BR's white spot looks like a roo white spot.

Thanks for sharing your little ones with us. Can't wait to see pics next week from those that get them shipped 9/14.

Thanks.
smile.png
They should be.

Oh, really? Gosh, I sure hope not. We already have a BR roo. They're supossed to grow up to be his.

Me neither. I just love fuzzy pictures.​

Quote:
Ours didn't come until 9:45.

My PO called before they are open to the public but just told me to come anytime to the back shipping entrance and ring the buzzer. When they called, I could hear the cheeping and when I went in I could hear them and it was a huge warehouse type room.

Kargo your babies are just precious! I want more!!! I can't believe how little they are...mine were that little just 3 weeks ago and already they look like um....chickens not fuzz butts!
gig.gif

Quote:
Ours didn't come until 9:45.

My PO called before they are open to the public but just told me to come anytime to the back shipping entrance and ring the buzzer. When they called, I could hear the cheeping and when I went in I could hear them and it was a huge warehouse type room.
Kargo your babies are just precious! I want more!!! I can't believe how little they are...mine were that little just 3 weeks ago and already they look like um....chickens not fuzz butts!
gig.gif

Cool! I didn't get to pick up the chicks. I was at school. -.-

I know! I don't think I've ever seen them so little. I guess the one we get at the CO-OP are a little older when they come in. xP I know. I can't wait to see them raising their own chicks! Still, I'll be happy with little fuzzies for a while.

I ordered the 5 chick special from MPC. I got a call in mid march with a shipping date. The 3rd day after the shipping date we got a call from the PO that chicks were here, and I should pick them up.
smile.png
Yes, she's a good mail carrier.

Unfortunately one of the five came DOA, it happens. The other four survived fine and were healthy and everything, even the ROOSTER we ended up with out of the bunch. That happens too! So, our total from 5 was 3. Rooster (i really liked him!) ended up at a farm close by.

But that's OK. We can only legally have 4 here and I already had 3 so....3 more makes 6 if I remember my math correctly. But who's counting anyway?
tongue.png

Post office called at 5:45 this morning and my 5 chicks arrived safely. They shipped Tuesday and arrived Thursday. The heating element was cold and the green grow gel was gone, but the chicks were alive and well and are eating and drinking and doing very well so far.

Post Office called at 5:55 AM and said come on over and pick up these chirping babies. They all arrived in good shape except one was a little weak but perked up with Sugar Water.

Edited after I realized I had just hijacked the OP post which I consider rude of me. So apologies all around and if you want to see pictures I moved my post here... https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=241771

Last edited:
Quote:
We start wicked early-4:00 a.m. is when our first truck arrives. This is for the local offices, the main distribution center is open 24 hrs. We're not exactly slackers! I start work at 6:00 on mondays, and if I have to work the rest of the week, I do not start any later than 6:30. The front lobby doesn't open for business until 8:00, but the carriers/clerks are in and sorting mail/packages long before dawn!

That is how I truly got hooked-our local TSC's order chicks in the spring (March) and they came in by the hundreds. Can you imagine all that racket! Too cute-they had them set up near my case and well, I had to peek and immediately fell in love! I went that day after work and bought 6 comets. I was supposed to wait, because I had 6 rir's due to arrive at the local Country Max on April 22nd. Oh well, who can resist all that cuteness! In fact, after I had them set up in their brooder that afternoon, I went online looking for Ameraucana's, found them locally (thanks craigslist!) and bought them before they hatched! So yeah, I was definitely a goner. Went from 6 to 23 in a blink of an eye! I so need to expand the coop! lol
tongue.png

To the op-love the babies-totally adorable!! Congrats!!

Last edited:
Thanks for all the compliments, everyone. Glad a few more chicks are happy and safe. I had a little RIR with a case of pasty butt, but I've cleaned her and I bet she'll be just fine.

Back
Top Bottom