When to lockdown quail eggs

fishbirdss

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jul 2, 2013
I have some Texas A&M and some jumbo coturnix eggs in the incubator......I have read conflicting information on how many days it takes them to hatch and when they should go on lockdown....I've read anywhere from 16 on up to 21 days to hatch.....can anyone raising these quail help? Please? Thanks!!

Heather McClain
Warren, Arkansas

I have some Texas A&M and some jumbo coturnix eggs in the incubator......I have read conflicting information on how many days it takes them to hatch and when they should go on lockdown....I've read anywhere from 16 on up to 21 days to hatch.....can anyone raising these quail help? Please? Thanks!!

Heather McClain
Warren, Arkansas
I've only heard of them taking about 17 days to hatch, +/- a day or two. I would lock them down on day 14.

Heather McClain
Warren, Arkansas
I have Texas A&M and Jumbo coturnix. I locked down them end of day 14 and they hatched on day 18 and 19. I had 13 eggs 3 of them were not fertile 1 was developed but died in egg. I got total 9 out of 13. Total had 4 Jumbo Coturnix and 5 Texas A&M. Two of jumbo Coturnix developed spleen leg and didn't make it. My observation was they born weaker and smaller than Texas A&M kind. However they became the same size as Texas A&M by the end of 4 weeks. All started to produce eggs on 7 th week.

Back
Top Bottom