I bought a pound of sausages and laid em on the floor,
I then began to whistle, a'whistle up a tune,
And all the little sausages went dancing around the room,
Oh Mr Johnnyferbeck,
How could you be so mean,
I told ya you'd be sorry for inventin' that machine,
Now all the neighbors cats and dogs will never more be seen,
They've all been ground to sausages in Johnnyferbeck's machine! šŸŽ¶

....sorry I couldn't help myself... My great gramma and great aunt used to always sing that and I rarely get a good opportunity to share it šŸ˜‚ Sorry, nothing to see here, carry on...

Thanks, I needed a jaunty tune this afternoon!

Last edited:
I just mix everything together including the shells, rocks 3 diff kinds of feed along with those dried mealworms. I also feed crickets every other morning, organic half roasted corn roasted with in top quality Olive oil to increase the Omega 3 in their egg, a couple blackberries, blueberries or raspberries each in the afternoon, even an organic coconut/chia seed/flax seed granola. They also seem to like avocado, fresh pumpkins, pork rines, bacon and our dogs organic grain free dog food as well. Then of course they eat every living little thing that moves in my backyard which is mainly tall grasses with gardens everywhere, no pesticides, all naturally raised plants. They eat the basil, okra and ate all my wife's Goji berries, pecked the watermelons til they broke open and ate them too. If they didn't look like chickens one would think they were pigs. They do give me an egg a day without fail since they were around 15 weeks all very bright orange yokes with maybe one our of a dozen being a double yoker. Not sure what that means but we'll take it. These bareneck Chickens are almost as big as Turkeys and kind of look like them not having feathers on their neck. So just feed them whatever and see what happens. Working out well for mine.

I've been feeding them this diet since their 9th week and they started laying at their 15th or 16th week. It is hard to tell in the picture but these chickens are bigger than some turkeys I have seen. They eat like pigs, like hanging out and chasing the dogs but are giving me a large egg a day so I'm happy them.

Back
Top Bottom