when to stop turning

sinclairmic

In the Brooder
Feb 10, 2016
Hi. I put chinese painted eggs in the incubator on the 10th in the afternoon. Tomorrow will be 14 days including not counting the 10th as a day. Should I not turn them as of tomorrow or turn on the 14th and stop afterwards?

Thanks

Hi. I put chinese painted eggs in the incubator on the 10th in the afternoon. Tomorrow will be 14 days including not counting the 10th as a day. Should I not turn them as of tomorrow or turn on the 14th and stop afterwards?

Thanks

If I remember rightly painted quail hatch in 18 days. Lockdown should begin 2 to 3 days before hatch day. I would turn them until and including the 15th day and then lockdown the morning of the 16th day; the 26th.

I turn coturnix eggs until the end of day 14 (14 - 24 hour periods) and then stop, so they don't get turned on day 15. They start hatching halfway through day 16, so that gives them 1-1/2 days of no turning at a minimum.

I just worry that they'll hatch early and not have time to position themselves, but I hatched upright, so it probably doesn't matter.

The humidity has increased to 60% from 45%. I am going to leave the eggs now and not open the incubator again.hopefully I will have chicks in a couple of days :)

So exciting! Button chicks are so cute. Fingers crossed!
I have a button hen in my room, whom I think might have just become broody! At least she spent the night on her 7 eggs, which she has never done before. She wasn't on the nest when I left this morning, but I hope she just left it to eat. She is naturally incubated herself and almost 6 months old.

Button quail can hatch at 16 days, sometimes earlier.

And sometimes later. When my hens brooded naturally it took 18 days. I also know that in incubators it can be sooner or later than the 18 days depending on the temperature of the incubator. A degree one way or the other can cause hatch times to vary.

Back
Top Bottom