When will my flock start laying?

Your girls are beautiful and I love their names. Most kitchen scraps are quite safe to feed, just watch for too much sugar and go very easy on salty food. This chicken treat chart will give you some ideas of what you can feed.

Last edited:
I give mine every single scrap that comes out of the kitchen. Garlic, onions, potato peels... Yup. Meat, bones, you name it and the answer is yes. They love it. And well it's just some of the best fun you could have watching them. You haven't lived til you've seen a chicken running around with a whole bone in pork chop in her mouth playing keep away!! I live right on a river so often times I'll sit here and fish and when I catch one I'll cut it down the middle and throw it in. They love it and it does wonders on the feed bill. And no I've never ever had a funny tasting egg.

I give mine every single scrap that comes out of the kitchen. Garlic, onions, potato peels... Yup. Meat, bones, you name it and the answer is yes. They love it. And well it's just some of the best fun you could have watching them. You haven't lived til you've seen a chicken running around with a whole bone in pork chop in her mouth playing keep away!! I live right on a river so often times I'll sit here and fish and when I catch one I'll cut it down the middle and throw it in. They love it and it does wonders on the feed bill. And no I've never ever had a funny tasting egg.
I find particular irony/entertainment when they do this with whole, fried chicken legs
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom