when will my guineahen lose the interest on her keets?

justin shrew

Songster
8 Years
Nov 19, 2013
cape town,South africa
Ok we have 4 guineas,3 hens and 1 cock.the females are very quiet than a male, they only make annoying sound when,broody or have keets,two hens are laying, and another one female have youngs, they are almost fully drown, i' know that chickens will lose the interest on their chicks when they are about 5-6 weeks, our guinea keets are almost 64 days, but she keep hanging with them, when will she abandon them and start laying again??????

She sounds like a very good mother for a guinea fowl. I would guess that she will probably not start laying again until next spring.

thanks! each means they are not like chickens, the next spring it too far. and still now they are still bonded, but why would a female take this long, the are bad parents. myb you right she will keep them bonded until the next spring
Lol,

My guinea's usually dont stay with there mother I coll them when they hatch so they don't go missing or get sick or in most places a mother walks in the woods with the meets and that's the last time you see them ever again

Back
Top Bottom