when will my guineahen lose the interest on her keets?

Discussion in 'Guinea Fowl' started by justin shrew, Nov 24, 2013.

1. justin shrew

justin shrew Chillin' With My Peeps

Ok we have 4 guineas,3 hens and 1 cock.the females are very quiet than a male, they only make annoying sound when,broody or have keets,two hens are laying, and another one female have youngs, they are almost fully drown, i' know that chickens will lose the interest on their chicks when they are about 5-6 weeks, our guinea keets are almost 64 days, but she keep hanging with them, when will she abandon them and start laying again??????

2. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
  3. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    She sounds like a very good mother for a guinea fowl. I would guess that she will probably not start laying again until next spring.

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    you are lucky to have such a good mama.

5. liz9910

liz9910 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2012
    Northern California
    Welcome to BYC! x2 on Kelsie's advice good luck to you.

6. justin shrew

justin shrew Chillin' With My Peeps

thanks! each means they are not like chickens, the next spring it too far. and still now they are still bonded, but why would a female take this long, the are bad parents. myb you right she will keep them bonded until the next spring
    Lol,

7. Farmer dell

Farmer dell New Egg

Feb 21, 2015
    My guinea's usually dont stay with there mother I coll them when they hatch so they don't go missing or get sick or in most places a mother walks in the woods with the meets and that's the last time you see them ever again

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by