When will she give birth

Pics
OP, kudos to you for helping the animals around you. I grew up in a similar situation (although in an urban area). Now I try to help animals and their owners as an attorney. Sometimes that includes talking with my clients and helping them realize they can’t care for their animals adequately and they deserve a better life. Keep your love of animals and I know whatever you grow up to do you will make a difference for animals.

Now for the matter at hand:
Here are 3 key reasons not to steal the puppies or defy your grandfather and call AC: 1) Animal Control cannot just take ownership of a person’s pets. AC will hold the dog for a period of time. The owners can go retrieve her by paying a fee and possibly getting her UTD on shots and getting her a license. You’ll likely end up with angry neighbors, an angry grandfather, and a possible reputation that may make impossible for you to help the other animals around you.
2) The dog produces puppies that your neighbors make money off of. Even if they don't want to pay the fees AC will fine them they likely will just get another female dog from somewhere else and start the cycle over again. 3) Not every animal gets a happy ending getting picked up by AC.

I know it sucks, but in most states pets are property and people can get in real trouble stealing property or even getting the dog spayed w/o their owner’s consent. This person sounds like a BACKYARD BREEDER. Even if you can’t help this dog, you can learn from and share your experience. You can be a powerful advocate.
This isn’t legal advice. I am just pointing out very real drawbacks to other recommendations.

Finally, a lot of people forget what it’s like to be a kid. As a minor you are vulnerable. Don’t let people sitting behind screens make you feel bad by the natural limitations of being a minor or influence you by telling you what they would do in your situation. Most adults are not as brave as they like to believe themselves to be because they don’t have the stomach for conflict. Conflict = risks and the older one gets the more risk averse one becomes. Remember that and don’t judge your grandfather too much.
I hope you keep doing what you do for the animals around you—within the confines you’re given—and best of luck!

OP, kudos to you for helping the animals around you. I grew up in a similar situation (although in an urban area). Now I try to help animals and their owners as an attorney. Sometimes that includes talking with my clients and helping them realize they can’t care for their animals adequately and they deserve a better life. Keep your love of animals and I know whatever you grow up to do you will make a difference for animals.

Now for the matter at hand:
Here are 3 key reasons not to steal the puppies or defy your grandfather and call AC: 1) Animal Control cannot just take ownership of a person’s pets. AC will hold the dog for a period of time. The owners can go retrieve her by paying a fee and possibly getting her UTD on shots and getting her a license. You’ll likely end up with angry neighbors, an angry grandfather, and a possible reputation that may make impossible for you to help the other animals around you.
2) The dog produces puppies that your neighbors make money off of. Even if they don't want to pay the fees AC will fine them they likely will just get another female dog from somewhere else and start the cycle over again. 3) Not every animal gets a happy ending getting picked up by AC.

I know it sucks, but in most states pets are property and people can get in real trouble stealing property or even getting the dog spayed w/o their owner’s consent. This person sounds like a BACKYARD BREEDER. Even if you can’t help this dog, you can learn from and share your experience. You can be a powerful advocate.

Finally, a lot of people forget what it’s like to be a kid. As a minor you are vulnerable. Don’t let people sitting behind screens make you feel bad by the natural limitations of being a minor or influence you by telling you what they would do in your situation. Most adults are not as brave as they like to believe themselves to be because they don’t have the stomach for conflict. Conflict = risks and the older one gets the more risk averse one becomes. Remember that and don’t judge your grandfather too much.
I hope you keep doing what you do for the animals around you—within the confines you’re given—and best of luck!
My grandfather has helped me a lot. He’s allowed me to venture to their houses and talk to them about their animals and care for them. He’s also letting me have the dogs over. I’m doing all I can for these animals and trying to care for mine. My arms limiting me and I hate it. I’ve been trying to get to my neighbors to help her with her horses, ones tail is matted together and the other is losing clumps of fur on her face and she’s pregnant. And the hog has injured me in the past, but I still love her and want the best for her.

Thank you for all that encouragement.

Even if they do, the problem would be the same for calling Animal Control: The OP is one of only a couple of people who know about the abuse, and that would make it easy for the neighbors to figure out who called them out.
Agreed.

Be careful around the hog!
I personally wouldn't stress too much about the matted horse tail? Our horses have matted manes but are fed and watered and have adequate space to graze.

I hope none of my comments made you feel bad.
Well it’s just so matted it won’t shoo away flies as well. But it’s more the one who’s missing fur and has scratches that I’m worried about.
I just fed the hog, Honeybell.
AB1931AE-4F7B-441D-8973-CDD2524F93E3.jpeg
31DEA7D2-AF90-4DC0-8DCA-CF35B3F1E6E9.jpeg
FD7C13D1-C2F7-46DD-B936-D7E08DB38BF2.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom