When will the others start?

OHMYCHICKIES

Songster
11 Years
May 28, 2008
I have only 1 BR laying, out of 4. Today is day 4 and still the others haven't layed. Is that a problem? When should I expect the others to start? They were all the same age when I got them.

It's going to vary from chicken to chicken. I have four chickens, two of them Australorps of the same age. One of them LOOKS more developed (redder, larger comb and wattles), but the other one has started laying first.

Think of it this way -- girl triplets probably aren't going to start menstruating on the same day, even though they are all the same age. Give it a couple weeks.

Curlita said it exactly. I have four sisters. None of us started at the same time either.
wink.png

The one that is producing, was the least red and hardly any comb. I guess I'll have to wait.

Thanks ya'll

Well, I stopped holding my breath for the second one to start about 2 weeks after the first one started
roll.png
. It has now been over a month and none of the rest of my girls have started laying yet. The one who started a month ago has given an egg a day for the last 21days though!

Quote:
Hey, do you have my australorps, they are doing the same thing. the less mature looking one is the egg machine, while the other one hasn't really started yet.

Back
Top Bottom