When will they lay??!!?!?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Jeevesrules, Nov 18, 2011.

1. Jeevesrules

Jeevesrules Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2011
    Otley, Leeds, England
    Ok, I have a mutt hen that is around 26 weeks old now, and she isn't laying, or showing any signs of doing so, and I also have a partridge silkie, around the same age, large comb large wattles but no laying!!! Will they ever lay?? [​IMG] thanks [​IMG]

P.S I also have a 9 week old light Sussex 'runt' that is with a broody with week old chicks, s(he) is only slightly bigger than them but has lots of raggedy feathers. This isn't a problem I'm just curious as to wether anyone has had one like this that went on to lay?? Also the lady who gave it to me said she had to hatch it herself, as it was too big for its egg [​IMG] I won't just throw it out if it won't lay, it will stay, I just want eggs [​IMG]

2. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Yep, they'll lay when their bodies are ready. I just had 2 start up today at 28 weeks.

3. Mother_Hen2011

Mother_Hen2011 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2011
    New Mexico
    2 of mine just started to lay they are about 7 months old and have been laying for about a week or so [​IMG] Yes when their ready they will surprise you [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by