Where are all my chickens???? PIC.

Looks like your chickens live in a nicer house than I do!
sad.png

Quote:
LOL .. when I saw this on the SNOW thread yesterday, I thought "Wow, what a great little house!" .. CHICKEN COOP?!?!? Are you KIDDING ME>....
th.gif

Thanks everyone for your nice comments! The cabin came out of necessity. I started out with one coop built by my hubby and then had him build on a lean to. Then he built another coop and a lean to on it! Anyone else have this problem?
big_smile.png
So he stated no more building coops and that I would just have to buy bigger ones...
I purchased a red demo barn from Lowes at half price and had it delivered for my turkeys. This cabin was built by Amish in Arthur Illinois and delivered and set up. I did have a stone pad set down first for the cabin and red barn. The barns are level, stay drier and just look better.
It makes it easier to feed and water just 2 barns instead of 4 or 5..... I would like to insulate and add electricity this year. When the weather clears I will take pics. of pens and birds.
I use the deep litter method and it keeps the barn warmer. Unfortunately it looks messy in there this time of year. Makes me feel good to go out in a.m. with single digit temps. and see banties fluffing and "dust bathing" in their bedding... Instead of huddling because of cold.
Again thanks everyone for all your kind words.

Back
Top Bottom