Where are my babies???!!! They are here only 3 DOA

Glad to hear your babies showed up and only a few losses after such a long trip. We haven't been having hot weather, but I know it's much hotter on the Front Range.

Just got back from a job. Loses are up to 7 now. It's sad to see them make it so far with such a hard trip, only to die when they get here.
hit.gif
I guess we can call them pioneer chicks.

I am glad that they finally made it. I am sorry for your losses.
hugs.gif

It was a very difficult thing for me when our chicks were dying. Hopefully everyone will perk up!

I'm so glad they made it! So sorry to hear about your loses. I'm up in Conifer, and had success ordering from Ideal. I had gotten chicks from Golden Mill, and they ordered from Privett. I'd recommend them, the chicks I got were very vvery healthy!

Sonja

They sent me 4 extras so I'm really only down by 3, but it's still 7 little lives.

I've already had 20 of them picked up. I've been so tired and worried, It's a wonder I'm not killing them off. I mixed their vits and electrolytes 4 times as strong as it should have been. It's 1 teaspoon per gallon not quart.
barnie.gif
I've got that all fixed. I'm just running faster than I'm able today. They drank A LOT of water today and they are all acting like normal little happy chicks now. Good thing they bounce back pretty good.

They sent me a list of what they were going to send me, but that was just an internal document that shows they've taken x number of chicks out of stock. I got TONS of different breeds. I'm really pretty happy with the mix. I just don't have a clue what I have
lau.gif
Especially when a BR, CM, and Dom. all look alike as chicks. But then so do white rocks and leghorns.
big_smile.png
Makes me wish I was raising all of them to see what they become.

Boy this has really been stressful. I thought hatching was bad
ep.gif
That's nothing!!

Lonecowboy - I hope the rest are all doing to do great. Are you keeping any of them, or selling all?

mylilchix - what kind of birds did you get from Privett? I've been interested in them because they are definitely the closest hatchery to us out here in CO. What kinds of birds do you have?

I'm selling all of them. I ordered 50, then when I had that many reserved, I upped my order to 100. I had all of those on reserve, so I over sold them knowing that several people would shurk on the deal. They did! I had about half the people who said they wanted them showed up. I'm waiting now for the waiting list people all to show up. I figure I still have about 30 birds out there. I do this so people who want chickens can have them and not have to pay a fortune for the few they want. Plus, I make a little money. But I still find it frustrating. I'm trying to do them a favor and they say they'll come and they don't. DH says that I should require a deposit on all orders over 10. One lady even PROMISED she wouldn't shurk on the deal and still did. Oh well, I even ordered another 100. DH thinks I should because there is obviously a demand for them. I'm beginning to wonder.
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom