Where can I buy ibis chicks?

PixieCutLover

Hatching
9 Years
Aug 3, 2010
I really want some ibises you can see them all over out here certain times of the year, my sister says they look like bugs when they fly I really want some to keep, where can I get some chicks?

The permits you'll need will be the easy part, the pen construction an finding a breeder will be the hard part plus the cost of the birds will be very high as well, most breeders sell pairs not chicks, you should contact a local zoos to see were they get there stock from.

The permits you will need will be gotten through the State you live in... Wood ducks are also protected under the Migratory Bird Treaty act, but only a state permit is needed, unless you sell them. Then you will need a Federal Permit. Same with the Ibis. There are thousands around here too... I haven't heard of anyone having them though, like said, check with local zoos and aviaries... Good Luck!

Travis

zoos and zoological breeders will be the only ones to have these, and unfortunately, unless you are as qualified as they are, they arent going to sell you any. You'll never find eggs or chicks for specialty stuff like this, they just arent sold that way, yearlings and breeders are the base sell birds for these. and the price will blow you away, so in short, they are beautiful, but doubt you'll ever find anyone who will sell to you. Those that have them, are pretty much under contract with zoos and such for all their offspring and or , only sell to breeders of the same caliber as they are in specialty species.
Also the care for these is more than most are willing to devote to them. Please dont take this the wrong way toward you, this is just the way things are with these kinds of birds

Back
Top Bottom