Where can you find pure breed ameraucanas not easter eggers?

Here's what MPC says
Description:
Yes! We are finally offering true Ameraucanas as baby chicks! These are not "Easter Eggers," nor are they the "Araucanas" some other hatcheries sell (which are really Easter Eggers, too). These are the true-blue, APA-recognized breed. Ameraucanas have a sweet temperament and lay pretty, light blue to greenish blue eggs. Quantities are very limited, so reserve your order quickly!

So I believe they are true or that would be false advertising. They are now sold out though I checked when I grabbed that info from their site :-/

Last edited:
Here's what MPC says
Description:
Yes! We are finally offering true Ameraucanas as baby chicks! These are not "Easter Eggers," nor are they the "Araucanas" some other hatcheries sell (which are really Easter Eggers, too). These are the true-blue, APA-recognized breed. Ameraucanas have a sweet temperament and lay pretty, light blue to greenish blue eggs. Quantities are very limited, so reserve your order quickly!

So I believe they are true or that would be false advertising. They are now souls out though I checked when I grabbed that info from their site :-/

The Blue Ameraucana is the variety that Meyer Hatchery breeds which is why blue is the variety offered by MPC.

Here's what MPC says
Description:

So I believe they are true or that would be false advertising. They are now sold out though I checked when I grabbed that info from their site :-/

@kcomer , you'll have to let me know if you get any Ameraucana chicks from MPC. I've been looking to order a few myself, but don't want EE's. I've been looking for a hatchery that not only has true Americauna's, but also has Black Copper Maran's. Those seems tricky to find as well.

@kcomer
, you'll have to let me know if you get any Ameraucana chicks from MPC. I've been looking to order a few myself, but don't want EE's. I've been looking for a hatchery that not only has true Americauna's, but also has Black Copper Maran's. Those seems tricky to find as well.  

I was able to snag one from MPC, she is set to be here end of the month! I will post pictures of her when she arrives :)

Last edited:
The only difference between the "true blue americanas" that ya'll are coveting and the americanas (easter eggers) that say Cackle or another hatchery carries is that the feather color is bred true like---Wheaton, Black, White, Black Breasted, you are still getting blueish to greenish eggs, same temperment etc, just bred for particular feather color/patterns.

The only difference between the "true blue americanas" that ya'll are coveting and the americanas (easter eggers) that say Cackle or another hatchery carries is that the feather color is bred true like---Wheaton, Black, White, Black Breasted, you are still getting blueish to greenish eggs, same temperment etc, just bred for particular feather color/patterns.
That is not true at all. Color is just one difference out of many.
Pure Ameraucana always have pea combs, always have muffs, always have beards, always is a standard color, always have white skin, and always lay blue eggs.
Easter Eggers can have any comb type; may have muffs, beards, or be clean faced; can be any pattern/color combination; can have white or yellow skin, and can lay any color egg.
With a pure Ameraucana you know exactly what you are getting.
With an Easter Egger, nothing can be guaranteed. There is a wide range of variation in temperament, overall size, rate of development, and egg color.

Pure Ameraucana always have pea combs, always have muffs, always have beards, always is a standard color, always have white skin, and always lay blue eggs.
Easter Eggers can have any comb type; may have muffs, beards, or be clean faced; can be any pattern/color combination; can have white or yellow skin, and can lay any color egg.
With an Easter Egger, nothing can be guaranteed. There is a wide range of variation in temperament, overall size, rate of development, and egg color.

X2 on the above.

With an Easter Egger, nothing can be guaranteed. There is a wide range of variation in temperament, overall size, rate of development, and egg color!

Ditto! They're also a recognized breed. We're hoping to eventually acquire a show quality Ameraucana for my son to show in 4-H. I love my Easter Eggers and they're beautiful birds, but they aren't recognized and never will be. I can't imagine never not having one. All of my chickens are "mutts" for the most part. I would also love to get some blue eggs.

There is a show coming up in Lebanon, Indiana (a bit of a drive, but may be worth it) - and it happens to be hosting the 2015 National Meet of the Ameraucana Alliance --- show is October 17th. This would be a great opportunity to identify some breeders that have birds that are what you are looking for and source your stock from their lines.

Back
Top Bottom