Where did they come from???

Pics
I live by the rule..."No outfit is complete without a little dog hair." I can tweak that to dog hair and chicken poop. Poop ain't scary...that's why there's Maytag and Tide. ;)
How do you feel about a chicken mcnugget of poo sticking to a slip of toilet paper when you are out to your cheese tasting event?

Last edited:
The story:
Chickens...4 hens and 1 rooster, magically appeared at my workplace. Where did they come from???

Hi KettermanHillCoop and welcome to BYC! I have enjoyed this story every bit as much as everyone else, and so sorry I missed it until tonight. Good luck with your new chicken family -- they are beautiful and seem to be comfortable in their new home :)

little levity is in order

Loved this video!

This has been a great thread but now I feel kind of like when a good tv show airs it's final episode. What will I read now.

I know what you mean. I just found and read the entire thread -- it was riveting!

First off, congrats on getting your new little chook family all together again! Yay, a whole new world is going to open up to you! You will be doing things that you never thought you would haha.
You also sound like you belong on the thread "I'm never gonna get an egg" Where a bunch of us crazy chicken peeps hang out and post our crazy outfits and antics with our chickens!

Yes, please do join us there! I can tell you are one of us.

A raccoon raided our urban chicken run, and sent them flying everywhere. We found one 3 days later in a tree a block away from home, being fed by a friendly neighbor, after we had given her up for dead. She has lots of missing and broken feathers, but no broken skin! Dupel is still very freaked out and will hardly leave the coop except to eat, although she walks/flies fine. Hasn't laid an egg since either, but appears to now be going into full molt. I wonder if the trauma triggered the molt, or if it is just random timing.

Anyway, wherever those hens came from, they are lucky to have you rescue them. They look like a sweet bunch that will give you a colorful bunch of eggs. Good luck!

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_f49.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_f49.jpeg
    746.7 KB · Views: 23
I have a poor low pecking order girl too. Her name is Rosie. She would hang by herself most of the time and when she would try to join the others, she would get a peck from a few of the high order girls. Ugh, poor Rosie.
I added 2 little cochins to my flock and of course they are also low on the totem pole! Now Rosie has friends! The 3 of them hang together and have their own little flock in a flock. I give them their own water and food containers, and added places for them to hide behind in case they need to get away.
176.jpg

There is a rooster? I am not so sure about that...

Does the suspected rooster crow?

I blew up each pic but did not see any male feathering.....
Nope, that's most definitely a rooster... see how body looks immature yet comb is so red? You can see feathers from last molt by neck base.

Oh...and King...settled the he/she thing once and for all this morning. He was cock-a-doodle-dooing this morning. He sounded like he need a throat lozenge but he's doing his thing. :woot
Well, I should have read ahead more before replying. :lol: Congratulations!

Oh...and King...settled the he/she thing once and for all this morning. He was cock-a-doodle-dooing this morning. He sounded like he need a throat lozenge but he's doing his thing. :woot
Aww, your little boy is growing up. I hope he's a good one!

Well, I should have read ahead more before replying. :lol: Congratulations!
I do that all the time. Patience isn't a virtue I possess.

Back
Top Bottom