Where did you get your chickens?

Feed store got me hooked....then an advertisement for ONE rooster....came home with EIGHT chickens, YIKES!!
lol.png

All swapshops and all for free! Fingers crossed I can get some more hens and ducks!
jumpy.gif

Got my first 4 chicks from the feed store, 2 RI's and 2 NH's. A year later found them a nice handsome rooster free from craigslist (the 10 yr. old little girl giving him up was crying and told him she loved him as they put him in my car...) Then my little flock procreated, I gave away 2 roosters, and now I have 9 hens and 1 rooster. I'm maxed out on space.

The good thing about buying chicks is they think you're their mother, so they follow you around and are tame. The ones raised by my broody hen always saw me as the scary human, and they've never been tame.

Everytime I walk into the feed store and they have a new cardboard box full of peepers, I want to do a chick rescue and bring them all home...

There is a local farm I went to. They sell a variety of different chickens. The lady there picked out 10 hens for me when they were all about a week old. We have 4 or 5 different breeds.

I got my first three (all EEs) from mypetchicken.com. You can get any mix from them, even with just three (I just wanted green eggs at that point and EEs are all different colors.)

I'll be getting three (or four) more chicks in two weeks from a feed store. I preordered one each of three different breeds, might convince DH to throw in a fourth. Much cheaper and we'll have a spare in case of rooness...
smile.png

I have gotten chicks and eggs in the mail from various people, gone to people's houses, gone to auctions, swaps, and shows...if it crows I will go

Back
Top Bottom