Where do hatcheries get their chicks?

Quote:
I would bet that the conditions shown in the video where immaculate compared to what it is on a regular day with out video. They would have to be insane to NOT make things appear all "peaches and cream" if they shot a video to boost sales.

I know when I expect company I clean like a crazy person so my house is presentable. And i'm not selling it.

Agreed. 100%.

I like to be able to go to my local small homestead and pick some out, also you can contact them directly if you have any questions, or need info about your chicks.
big_smile.png

<3 N.C Chicken Chick <3 :

I like to be able to go to my local small homestead and pick some out, also you can contact them directly if you have any questions, or need info about your chicks.
big_smile.png

Yes, they COULD be contacted with questions, but as with any for profit company/corporation, I'm sure the answers would consist of all the things I would want to hear, with some fabrications involved.​

i actully know a breeder that breeds dogs for pet stores and has a very nice property. none of his dogs are in small cages. there all in big dog kennels. he also breeds chickens for a few hatcherys and all his chickens are pened according to breed in very large pens with runs. all in great condition. and they have nesting boxes for each hen. he incubates the eggs and then sends the chicks to the hatcheries and feed stores. i usully buy chicks from him. But as for these other hatcherys. that produce mass production of chicls. i bet that there chickens are not cared for very well, they have them there to breed and thats it. i know some do AI to there hens and have hens in one barn togeather and roos in another barn togeather, kinda like meat birds. they take semen from the roos and AI the hens. i seen it on Tv once.

<3 N.C Chicken Chick <3 :

big_smile.png

Local places often don't have the selection that large hatcheries do though​

Quote:
Why because youve seen so many bad hatchery's? Ive been to 3 mass producers in my area. 2 free ranged birds the other was less than my standards but still not what i would consider cruel.

Back
Top Bottom