Where do you buy show quality chicks?

steffpeck

Songster
12 Years
Mar 25, 2007
Erda, UT
I have fallen head over heels for the fizzles (ok for all chick's
wink.png
). I want some so bad, but I would like to get show quality ones. Where do I start?? Thanks for the help!!!

Start by seeing who has good ones here and at the other BYC forum... mostly, you'll get the best quality Frizzles from show quality cochin breeders (I assume you are looking for frizzle cochins)... Remember that whatever frizzle breed you get will need to stand up to the standard of whatever the breed it is... cochins or Polish or???

Shari at Harvest Breeze has incredible Cochins including Frizzles... and she's on the board here. I have some nice birds from her.

Be ready to pay for shipping and if it gets hot soon, be ready to wait! But, it will be worth it!

Frizzles are special... I just love my frizzle girls!

i went on the net and did a search for the breed and then found the forum for that breed. i read alot of their posts and found out who the reputable breeders were. then i asked if they sold eggs and then incubated. i know the chance of them being show quality is 50/50 but part of the fun, i think, is going through the process of creating a show quality bird. you know you've got good genetics, so half of your job is done.

and sometimes, its just better to get the bird cuz there might be something missing with the birds you have that you specifically can get from another bird.

this hobby is just too much fun!
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom