Where is a good place to get poultry netting?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by corball, Oct 16, 2009.

1. corball

corball Out Of The Brooder

Sep 13, 2009
    Orlando, FL
    I was wondering where is a good place online or anywhere really to buy poultry netting for a god decent price? I was going to get some more poultry wire for the top but it is way to heavy for the big of a pen I have. And I really want to let my chickies out without having to deal with dead chicks/chickens everywhere due to the hawks.... Anyhoo and info would be wonderful =]

2. dacdeihl

dacdeihl Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2009
    NorthEast, In
    I used www.farmtek.com. They were cheeper than other poultry dealers. I think I looked and called four-five companies looking for the best deal.
    I bought item number TC2646A
    Heavy-Duty Polyethylene Netting
    50' x 150' x 2"
    I have a tone extra and will use that in the future. I didn't want to tie together to create a seam. Too much hassel. It cost about $440 + 65.00 in tax. So a little over $500.00. They have smaller sizes as well.
    Good luck.

3. Country4ever

Country4ever Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2007
    I got my netting at Cutlers Pheasant and Poultry Supply online.
    I got 2" netting. But I also put birdnetting on that, so smaller things couldn't get in. I ended up putting utility wire over all that too, because a coon got into the side of the netting. If you're in a high snow/ice area, you might have to go out in the winter and knock some of it down. That's why I stuck to larger-holed netting/fencing.
    The birdnetting is cheap at places like Menards.

4. tonini3059

tonini3059 [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Luv

Nov 6, 2008
    Southwestern PA
    I got mine from ebay, 1"x12'x200' for $140, cheapest place I could find.

5. SandyK

SandyK Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2009
    Eldersburg, Maryland
    Here's a link for the nylon netting we used to cover our run.

http://www.3tproducts.com/shop/pc/home.asp

Bird Netting & Aviary Netting | Sports Net Safety Nets & Nylon ...
    Providing inexpensive bird netting, aviary netting products, sports & safety nets, bird control products plus much more, click - call 866-439-4660.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2009
  6. Sillystunt

Sillystunt Master of the Silly

Jul 11, 2008
    Winter Haven, FL
    Lowes has some stuff there. The welded wire we want 4ft x100 ft is 60 bucks. They have it in the garden section and tons of other stuff as well.

7. 1stepcloser

1stepcloser Poultry In Motion

Sep 16, 2009
    Dover, TN
    I just found mine for free on craigslist.com.

8. corball

corball Out Of The Brooder

Sep 13, 2009
    Orlando, FL
    Thanks everyone Hopefully I will find some cheap netting =] I also found some on craigslist but they guy was selling it way to much then it was worth..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by