Where is she?!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Smallflockchickens, Feb 21, 2012.

1. Smallflockchickens

Smallflockchickens Out Of The Brooder

Jan 1, 2012
    Arizona
    So, my 5 chickens are mainly out wandering the yard searching for grubs and getting into mischief, then around 4 I put them in their coop to go to bed. Well tonight while putting them to bed, I noticed one was gone and started to panic because we have stray cats and well you know... So me and my daughter start looking for her around the backyard (because she's not the smartest chicken in the bunch, and might have gotten herself caught in something) but she was no where to be found. I went inside to start dinner and about 10miniutes later, my daughter screams out "FOUND HER!" I go outside and she tells me that shes in our neighbors backyard! We have 8ft cement walls, and big wooden doors with barley a crack underneath. Haha I have no clue how she got to the other side of the wall. Maybe chickens CAN fly after all! She was so happy to be back because when I put her to bed, I heard her coo [​IMG]I love that sound! Glad to have her back where she belongs too.Thanks for reading my story, hope you enjoyed it! [​IMG]

2. WooingWyandotte

WooingWyandotte Overrun With Chickens

Apr 25, 2011
    Nor cal
    Aww, how sweet. :3 I remember an old hen that i had, a golden sex link (R.I.P. Poppy) would fly over the our really high cement fence and lay an egg in the bushes. [​IMG] She was a handful.

3. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    I can never figure why chickens can fly out but they can never fly back in. Glad she's back!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by