Where there is great love, there are always miracles ~ Willa Cather

sonstoffie

Chirping
Feb 5, 2019
South Africa
Hi all BackYard Chickens!

(1) I am completely new to chickens, we (me and my husband) bought our first chickens on the 27th of January 2019.

(2) Currently we have only 2 chickens, a hen and a rooster. Luckily we still have 2, our rooster is currently in "ICU" recovering from an attack.

(3) I do not know the breeds, we bought the pair from a pet shop in town (we live on a farm). I will post some pictures some time then you can help me to identify them.

(4) We want to have backyard chickens so that they can provide eggs for the household and I really enjoy the sound of them being around.

(5) Other hobbies that we enjoy are adventure motorcycling, 4x4 trips, ballroom and Latin dancing, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and advanced dog training with our own dog.

(6) I work from home as a Test Analyst, the farm is my office. Not our own farm, we only rent a house between the macadamia trees from the farmer. We have a cat, a dog (Belgian Malinois) and now also the 2 chickens.

(7) I was looking for tips and information regarding wound treatment for our rooster after the attack and came across BYC, I have not known about it before now. I decided to join because I want to share my story about the attack with you, share what worked for me up to date and I would also like your input for a successful recovery going forward. It was a traumatic experience for me to be completely honest with you. I believe a miracle happened, even more than one miracle, and I am thankful that our rooster is getting stronger by the day. I will find the correct section on this forum and I will add my thread there.

I am looking forward to taking part in this community!

Where there is great love, there are always miracles ~ Willa Cather

Last edited:
Welcome to the great adventures that chickens will bring -- the eggs, the sounds you already like and all the entertainment. I don't know the details of the attack on your rooster, but how wonderful that he is recovering. Congratulations on your miracle!!

Welcome, too, to BYC. There are a lot of knowledgeable, friendly people here.

Hello and downloadfile-25.gif !!!
We are so happy to have you here!!
Current contest:
New Member's contest!

Back
Top Bottom