Where To Buy A Chicken Coop?

UrbanChicks435

In the Brooder
May 11, 2015
We want to get chickens, but are torn over what to do about the coop. We are looking for a coop for about 4 chickens, but all the coops we have found are sort of... tattered? Old? Or they are way out of our price range. (Over $75-$90) Obviously building it would be the obvious route at this point, but we haven't given up. So I was wondering if there is any place (Other than Creigslist or Ebay) were we could buy other people's used coops? I'm new to this!
barnie.gif

Sorry, but $90 isn't going to get you anything you want, regardless of online source or otherwise. You're only hope is to find someone who wants to just get rid of one and is giving it away. The usual "free stuff" sources on Craigslist and elsewhere are you best bet but may take a long time, if ever, to find something suitable. I would keep an eye on Craigslist free stuff in your area and look for something that could be converted to a chicken coop.
For example, I just saw this for free. It's only 4'x4'x18", but that's only after I checked Craigslist for less than a minute. Unfortunately, it will take more time than that and carries no guarantee that you will ever find the right thing.

00F0F_CriW8uMVwl_600x450.jpg

Last edited:
You only need something about 4 ft. by 4 ft. May be you can search for a used rabbit hutch that would work. Sometimes people give those away. You would want to sterilize it good before using it.

Yeah, I was worried that I couldn't find anything for a low price.
sad.png
Oh well. We found a coop that would only require a few touch ups to make it work for us. Only $75!

You might be able to convert something into a chicken coop, like a dog house or a child's play house.

Like this sort of

5636_dscf5325.jpg

Back
Top Bottom