Where to buy cartons that fit jumbo coturnix eggs?

Discussion in 'Quail' started by glewis121, Mar 4, 2010.

1. glewis121

glewis121 Songster

Oct 17, 2009
    I have bought egg cartons from many places and they never seem to fit coturnix eggs!

I am also interested in shipping hatching eggs in the near future...

Where can i buy cartons that will actually fit my eggs!

2. JJMR794

JJMR794 Crowing

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    Do not buy quail egg cartons, buy chukar egg cartons--- they fit better. [​IMG]

3. Friend2Fowl

Friend2Fowl Songster

Feb 28, 2010
    Quote:Do they make chukar cartons? I've found chukar flats, but no cartons. I use these 10-count plastic cartons from GQF, they seem to work pretty well. Plus, they don't snap closed, so if the eggs are a little too tall, they don't get crushed by closing it.
    https://www.gqfmfg.com/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?idProduct=17

4. worldling

worldling Chirping

Jan 8, 2010
    Quote:Do they make chukar cartons? I've found chukar flats, but no cartons. I use these 10-count plastic cartons from GQF, they seem to work pretty well. Plus, they don't snap closed, so if the eggs are a little too tall, they don't get crushed by closing it.

That's where I buy my flimsy 10 count egg cartons from... gqf...the cheapest place in town...plus shipping and state tax.
    Please tell us more, about chukar egg cartons, or even pheasant cartons. Those would be choice!

5. glewis121

glewis121 Songster

Oct 17, 2009
    Does anyone know where to buy chukar egg cartons?

6. JJMR794

JJMR794 Crowing

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL

You know I didnt think about the carton thing, I get the flats.... I do know the 30 count paper mache' quail egg cartons on ebay are way bigger than anything else.... I find that even the biggest double yolker still fits in them but they are considerably more expensive. Personally i absolutely hate the gqf clear plastic clam shell junkers, but i rarely hand deliver eggs and 99% of the time i am shipping=== the gqf are completely useless for shipping as they provide absolutely no egg protection at all. those things alone have scrambled as many eggs as the us mail...

7. steelshot

steelshot Songster

Jul 6, 2008
    North Carolina
    I use chukar flats as well. I get them from eggcartons.com. They are perfect for larger quail eggs.

8. worldling

worldling Chirping

Jan 8, 2010
    I have been eyeballing those 30 count paper cartons on ebay. I think I may pull the trigger and buy some.

I may also look into the chukar flats. I think that's what I got my last shipment of Jumbos in from LCGBR.

Thanks for the help!

9. SamG347

SamG347 Songster

Mar 4, 2007
    PA
    I also use Chukar flats..but for awhile have been just wrapping each egg in bubble wrap. Allows you to get many eggs in a smaller box. But is really time consuming!
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: