Where to buy cartons that fit jumbo coturnix eggs?

glewis121

Songster
10 Years
Oct 17, 2009
I have bought egg cartons from many places and they never seem to fit coturnix eggs!

I am also interested in shipping hatching eggs in the near future...

Where can i buy cartons that will actually fit my eggs!

Do not buy quail egg cartons, buy chukar egg cartons--- they fit better.
smile.png

Quote:
Do they make chukar cartons? I've found chukar flats, but no cartons. I use these 10-count plastic cartons from GQF, they seem to work pretty well. Plus, they don't snap closed, so if the eggs are a little too tall, they don't get crushed by closing it.
https://www.gqfmfg.com/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?idProduct=17

That's where I buy my flimsy 10 count egg cartons from... gqf...the cheapest place in town...plus shipping and state tax.
Please tell us more, about chukar egg cartons, or even pheasant cartons. Those would be choice!

Quote:
Do they make chukar cartons? I've found chukar flats, but no cartons. I use these 10-count plastic cartons from GQF, they seem to work pretty well. Plus, they don't snap closed, so if the eggs are a little too tall, they don't get crushed by closing it.
https://www.gqfmfg.com/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?idProduct=17

You know I didnt think about the carton thing, I get the flats.... I do know the 30 count paper mache' quail egg cartons on ebay are way bigger than anything else.... I find that even the biggest double yolker still fits in them but they are considerably more expensive. Personally i absolutely hate the gqf clear plastic clam shell junkers, but i rarely hand deliver eggs and 99% of the time i am shipping=== the gqf are completely useless for shipping as they provide absolutely no egg protection at all. those things alone have scrambled as many eggs as the us mail...

I have been eyeballing those 30 count paper cartons on ebay. I think I may pull the trigger and buy some.

I may also look into the chukar flats. I think that's what I got my last shipment of Jumbos in from LCGBR.

Thanks for the help!

I also use Chukar flats..but for awhile have been just wrapping each egg in bubble wrap. Allows you to get many eggs in a smaller box. But is really time consuming!
cool.png

Back
Top Bottom