StinkyAcres

Art & Animals
Premium Feather Member
6 Years
Jul 31, 2017
Vermont
My Coop
My Coop
I'm looking to buy plants native to the northeastern U.S., specifically shrubs like Northern Bush Honeysuckle (Diervilla lonicera). Does anyone know where I can find these? Any online nursery recommendations? Thanks!

I'm looking to buy plants native to the northeastern U.S., specifically shrubs like Northern Bush Honeysuckle (Diervilla lonicera). Does anyone know where I can find these? Any online nursery recommendations? Thanks!
Try Monticello - Thomas Jefferson's Virginia home. The website is www.monticelloshop.org ,
Apparently, Old Tom wasn't just a politician and document writer. Among other things, he was an architect, an inventor and a huge fan of gardens. Monticello's grounds were - and still are - a beautifully curated museum. Many of the varieties on display are also available for sale as plants or seeds. Knowing what you're looking for is very helpful, as many of Monticello's offerings are alien or native to other areas of the continent. If all else fails, be sure to read the descriptions thoroughly, as the origins are usually listed.
I've gotten some nice plants and numerous seeds through Monticello's website, so I can recommend them personally. Good Luck - and thanks for "going native!"

Back
Top Bottom