Where to buy Organic Chicken Feed?

Thanks for that tip, ambabya! I'll check it out. I've been getting the Ranchway organic layer, but it's really powdery and a lot gets wasted. I like Windsor Dairy's organic layer, they have it custom milled in Nebraska, but they don't always have it available. I'll definitely look into Jax, thanks a bunch.

Quote:
McGeary Organics is in Lancaster. They sell organic feed & grains as far as I know. Google them, they have a website. Depending onn where you are Organics Unlimited Is in Atglen Chester County, not far from the Lancaster County border. You can pick up at the mill. They sell organic & No-soy organic. Neither of the above seem to have a big distributor network, but if you are close to either mill, it would work. Hope this helps.

I had a sample of their layer pellets. Pretty good quality, not a lot of corn. Spoke at length with one of the people that work there. The lengths they go to keep it organic, pretty cool. The layer mash is very fine, powder really. I didn't see the crumbles, but they do have them. My chooks don't like pellets but they were gone in a day and a half, which is good for them. They don't ship I believe but if youare near there you can buy directly from them.

I use the McGeary feed, too. It's nice quality and my hens and chicks really like it. I'm in central Florida and there is absolutely no where to buy organic stuff here, so I have to order it . They sell it at MyPetChicken.com and the shipping charges aren't too bad. Good luck!
big_smile.png

City Farmers Nursery in San Diego, CA sells organic starter/grower crumbles and layer pellets in small quantities by the pound.
(Could inquire about special ordering bags)

City Farmers Nursery
4832 Home Avenue
San Diego, CA 92105-4405
(619) 284-6358
cityfarmersnursery.com

The Bothell Feed Center in Bothell, WA now carries Scratch n Peck organic feed, They have soy free and can order in the corn and soy free

My hats off to you that dont use GMOs or petral chemical fertilizers!
smile.png
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK;)

Last edited:
Quote:
Azure standard delivers monthly free to many states. I buy Cascade layer feed, and am about to add some new items for chickens to try & stretch my $.

Magill Ranch Cascade Starter, Grower, or Layer Corn & Soy free Poultry Feed, Organic 50 lbs $28.35 (just went up 5%, ouch!)
Bulk Whole Oats w/Hulls, Organic Animal Feed 45 lbs. $10.90
Bulk Whole Barley, Organic - Animal Feed 45 lbs. $12.85

... these new items I just heard about from a fellow chicken addict... she sprouts the peas & wheat for her girls.
Sunflower Seeds, Raw 25 lbs. $28.90
Chicken Wheat, Organic 50 lb $14.20
Bulk Peas (green, whole) 25 lbs. $7.80
Rogue Feed Alfalfa Pellets 50 lbs. $12.90 (for goats & chickens both)

https://www.azurestandard.com/getting-started Azure has some routes in your direction... I can't find my route book, but you can call & see if one comes close to you.

Last edited:
Wanted to let everyone in the Louisville, KY area know that Fresh Start Growers' Supply (http://store.freshstartgrowers.com/) is selling Fertile Fields organic chicken feed, which comes from Central Indiana, and is also an amazing store for sustainable, organic farming and livestock. $30 for 50 lbs., which is the best price we have been able to find anywhere.

Definitely worth the drive up every month from Elizabethtown.

Bennis feed in Minnetonka MN sells Organic Pride starter crumble.....just thought I'd throw that out there. Just stopped in for other stuff and bought a 50lb bag for $22.

I haven't tried it yet, does anybody know anything about this stuff? I can't find any data or feedback for it anywhere online.

Back
Top Bottom