Where to buy Organic Chicken Feed?

Quote:
Oh there's a market. Just has to be the right price for shipping and the feed
yippiechickie.gif

looks like might be able to sell 50 lbs for around $30 to $35, haven't looked into the shipping yet, still trying to figure out the best package for shipping

I don't know if anyone has posted this yet, if they have I am sorry. Scratch and Peck in Washington is available for purchase at many retail stores in Whatcom County. In Bellingham, at Whatcom Farmers co-op. In Laurel at Laurel Farm and Garden. In Lynden at Lynden Farm and Garden, and a few others. The mill also sells directly from their office in Bellingham. Hope this helps. There are also quite a few pick up locations in the puget sound that are not retail stores.

Quote:
thats gonna put you alot higher than folks getting it at a local store. I can get top notch organic for 30 at the store....and a 50lb bag is gonna be alot to ship.........Maybe try hooking up with small feed/garden stores in an area with short options and use them as retailers.......I live in a very very progressive area and there is high demand for clean food yet only 1 store in town you can purchase from... Just a thought.

Here is another option for folks in NC. the companies is in greensboro but delivers to raleigh and asheville each month http://www.northcarolinaorganicfeed.com

its an organic farm and they make the feed on farm......soy and soy free options as well as duck formulas, turkey formulas, and they will mix your own recipe if you like.

Quote:
Yeah...I don't think that'll work unless people are really isolated. Best to work with some locals and get it started. Unless that price includes shipping, but I doubt it.

Sonora Feed Supply
Sonora, KY
270-949-2276

has been talked into stocking organic feed. They are ordering from Countryside Organics, so it will be soy free as well. It should be here in September. Yay!

Quote:
YES! We are very excited about this, and I hope those of us in the area who care enough to feed our birds the very best will help support that store.

Draft Feed & Supply in Stuarts Draft, VA, sells the Blue Seal organic feed.
I buy 50-lb bags of organic layer crumbles for $14.

Here's their info:
Draft Feed & Supply
2400 Stuarts Draft Highway
Stuarts Draft, VA 24477
540-337-0408

Back
Top Bottom