Where to buy Organic Chicken Feed?

The Organic feed that I buy you can find in two locations near Indianapolis. You can find Layer feed and cracked Corn at the Wanna Maker feed and seed on the East side of Indianapolis. The feed is only $26 / 50lbs.

The second location is ACE Hardware in Greenwood, Indiana. This is the Ace Hardware just off of HWY 31. They carry the Meat 19% organic feed for $33 and the Layer for $26 and the Cracked Corn for $23.

The feed is from a company called Natures Grown Organics. You can google the website!

Powl's Feed Mill in Lancaster, PA now has organic chicken feed in stock. The feed is made by Powl's Associates, they are certified by Pennsylvania Certified Organics (PCO)

THANK YOU for having this feed may your family be blessed with tons of friends and health .
PS i tried like crazy to call i wanna get in on some shares . Tammy

Regarding organic feed in Nashville, TN, the Windy Acres folks are very nice, and I think they produce good products, but my hens won't eat the grain husks, which make up approx 1/3 of their layer feed. So I'm paying $25 for the 17 pounds that they do eat. They will mix without the husks, but minimum special order is 500 pounds. Maybe a bunch of us could get together and make that happen, but I sure can't use 500 pounds for my 3 or 4 hens. So unless I can find an affordable source of organic non-GMO, we're going to inorganic feed.
sad.png

Last edited:
i live in virginia.and i got a bag from countryside organics. my chickens turn their noses up at it.i tried mixing it in their layer.they will eat around it.if you lived close i would give you the bag.where i have springle it around the run,i'am seeing green coming up.

Hmmm---well, maybe they'll eat it once it sprouts. I bought a new brand from DesMoines Feed company and put a bowl of it in the run. They ate everything BUT the protein pellets... won't do layers any good that way! Picky girls...
I just don't get why someone doesn't figure out that there's a national market for a decent organic feed, distributed at places like the farmers co-op and Tractor Supply Co. I personally don't mind giving hens some animal protein, as that's a lot of what they get in nature, but I don't want GMO and I don't want chemicals.

Last edited:
We just added an urban farm and feed store in Redmond, WA that has an emphasis on permaculture and organic feed and soils. We stock Conway's certified organic soy-free layer pellets, as well as Scratch and Peck's Naturally Free (corn and soy free) lines for chicks through layers. www.kisfarm.com

KIS Farm
12526 Avondale Rd NE
Redmond, WA 98052
425-558-0990

Thanks,
Tad

FYI, Scratch and Peck just added a NON-GMO verified logo from nongmoproject.org on the latest batch of feed I ordered from them. I know you can order through their website, but shipping may kill the deal. Hope that helps!

Back
Top Bottom