where to buy Silkie chicks

chick_magnet

Songster
9 Years
May 25, 2010
I want to start rasing silkie because there crowing aren't as loud as a RIR. I just seems that no one sells silkie. do anyone knows where i can order some?

Depends on what you're looking for. Hatching eggs? Chicks? Started juveniles/pairs? Do you want to buy local or ship? You want pet quality or higher? I get a lot of my eggs/chicks from Bobbi Porto at www.indigoegg.us She has nice birds and lives near me. Hopefully I will be able to sell my own when they get a little older.
fl.gif

Quote:
I am looking for a black yard flock ones. nothing too costly lol. and a black skin is a must. something unique about that that i just love lol

do you want to hatch your own or buy chicks? I have pet quality silkies that I've been hatching just to test out my bator without paying a bunch and messing up expensive eggs. They have black skin, 5 toes, some have vaulted skulls. They are all blue. Where are you located?

I ordered six silkies from My Pet Chicken, and believe it or not, they were all sexed correctly. They are very sweet, pretty little hens that lay cute little eggs:) Good
luck!

Everyone seems to have Silkies, just never near or cheap enough. I drove a total of 220miles for my birds, after searching for months, lol.

i visited a feed store last week, and i walked in to TONS of silkie chicks... i had to get three. only 2.50/ea. it was a wonderful surprise

Back
Top Bottom