Where to Find Shetland Ducks

MissAnnieBee

Chirping
8 Years
Jul 12, 2015
Hello everyone, does anyone know a decent breeder for Shetland ducks? I’ve seen them at Sandhill but I’m weary to order from them after some of the reviews I’ve seen. I’ve read that the egg production can also vary immensely with this breed and I’m looking for a higher producing strain if possible. I’m hoping to get either hatching eggs or chicks next summer or fall.

Hello everyone, does anyone know a decent breeder for Shetland ducks? I’ve seen them at Sandhill but I’m weary to order from them after some of the reviews I’ve seen. I’ve read that the egg production can also vary immensely with this breed and I’m looking for a higher producing strain if possible. I’m hoping to get either hatching eggs or chicks next summer or fall.
Glad you are being cautious as scammers feed on us who want rare things as we'll get all excited and fall for the scams easier.

I did look on eBay as there you usually can find any kind of hatching eggs. I've bought fancy silkie eggs on there from three different breeders and was very pleased. However, when searching Shetland Duck, I only got Shetland Hen, which is another very rare breed. I guess I'd keep searching there for one place. Are you in Facebook duck/poultry groups for your area? That's another good place and less scammers, but there still are some in those groups too so be careful. Good luck!

Glad you are being cautious as scammers feed on us who want rare things as we'll get all excited and fall for the scams easier.

I did look on eBay as there you usually can find any kind of hatching eggs. I've bought fancy silkie eggs on there from three different breeders and was very pleased. However, when searching Shetland Duck, I only got Shetland Hen, which is another very rare breed. I guess I'd keep searching there for one place. Are you in Facebook duck/poultry groups for your area? That's another good place and less scammers, but there still are some in those groups too so be careful. Good luck!
I haven’t joined any Facebook poultry groups, but that’s a great tip. I actually just created a Facebook to join a goat group lol

I haven’t joined any Facebook poultry groups, but that’s a great tip. I actually just created a Facebook to join a goat group lol
There you go! If you can find one poultry group for your state or near you, there's a ⬇️ in the upper right corner of the group home page. Click that and it will suggest similar groups to you.

Back
Top Bottom