Where to get cheap hardware cloth?

Great place. I just picked up my wire from their New Jersey location on Tuesday. I opted for hardware cloth and welded wire. Can't beat the prices.

1 roll - 1x2 14 gauge welded wire 24" x 100' = $66.00 (for perimeter)
1 roll - 1x2 14 gauge welded wire 40" x 100' = $128.00 (for bottom part of fence)
2 rolls - 2x3 16 gauge welded wire 36" x 50' = $29.90 (for top part of fence)
2 rolls - 2x3 16 gauge welded wire 48" x 50' = $39.90 (for "roof" over run)

Final total $263.80.

Keep an eye on your Menards flyers-- we just got 36" x 25 ft. rolls for 19.99 each on sale a few weeks ago. Regular price was 36.99! I was so glad I had checked and made a note of the regular price previously, so I knew we had to jump on that sale when I saw the flyer!

Great place. I just picked up my wire from their New Jersey location on Tuesday. I opted for hardware cloth and welded wire. Can't beat the prices.

1 roll - 1x2 14 gauge welded wire 40" x 100' = $128.00 (for bottom part of fence)

Final total $263.80.
Just curious, do you consider 1x2 to be hardware cloth?

Quote:
Of course not, it's welded wire. Originally, I was going to use hardware cloth, but I changed my mind since this thread started and decided to use the welded wire after speaking to a number of chicken owners in the area. BTW, Wire Cloth Man does have the best prices on hardware cloth too.

Last edited:

Final total $263.80.

Just curious, do you consider 1x2 to be hardware cloth?

Of course not, it's welded wire. Originally, I was going to use hardware cloth, but I changed my mind since this thread started and decided to use the welded wire after speaking to a number of chicken owners in the area. BTW, Wire Cloth Man does have the best prices on hardware cloth too.
OK, didn't think so, but was confused by this part of your post..... 'hardware cloth and welded wire'

Now when you guys say hardware cloth are you talking about the fencing with the little square holes? Growing up all i knew of was chicken wire and rabbit wire with chicken wire being the octaganol fencing and rabbit wire being the square stuff.Sorry to sound stupid, i guess just a different terminology than what im used to.

Now when you guys say hardware cloth are you talking about the fencing with the little square holes? Growing up all i knew of was chicken wire and rabbit wire with chicken wire being the octaganol fencing and rabbit wire being the square stuff.Sorry to sound stupid, i guess just a different terminology than what im used to.

You don't sound stupid at all. When I first joined BYC, I kept asking myself why anyone would cover their run and coop windows with cloth???? Then, I found out that hardware cloth is "the fencing with the little square holes". or the 1/2 inch x 1/2 inch wire.

Back
Top Bottom