Where to get cheap hardware cloth?

I realize this is an old thread, but I was reading it trying to find cheap hardware cloth. Looked at all the current prices on all the suggestions. Then looked on Amazon. Amazon had 48"x50' rolls of 1/2" hardware cloth for $57.32. No shipping costs since I am an Amazon Prime member. I think it might even be made in the USA based on the American flag on the label. Couldn't zoom in enough to read the text, though. So, there is another option for everyone reading old threads.
tongue.png

R.

I'm guessing lots of people look at this thread. I know I have looked all over for good information. I just bought 125 feet of 3' tall, 1/2"x1/2" hardware cloth from FencerWire.com. They also have listings on Amazon. The wire itself is really cheap. Only $15.50 for a 25' roll. The shipping was $50, but even with that, it was cheaper to buy from this place than anywhere else. They have several different sizes as well. I didn't go with the 4' tall mesh, since all they had available was 1/4" mesh, and that seemed a bit overkill to me. I'm looking forward to getting my run done now!

Tractor supply may be your best price. I'm working on a 8X8 raised coop with a 8X16 run. My plan is to put regular Chicken wire on run. Than take 2x4 and strip it to 1/4 inch strips. Than make lattice to cover the whole side facing road to give some camo, but about 4' up on the other sides to give strength. At a cheaper price.

19ga GAW 1/2" x 1/2" x 48" x 100' for $105 ordered thru my local Ace Hardware best price I found by far unless you can get free shipping somewhere online. TSC wanted a markup and shipping to order totaling $185 for same.

I love how years later this information is still valuable and excellent. Another reason I think this forum rocks.
highfive.gif

I snagged up a couple rolls of chicken wire at TS last week because it was a big roll and reasonably priced.
I plan on using it for out mobile "daytime, play in the yard while we are home" tractor.

Our "play outside when we are not home" run is a chain link run that my dogs hate to use, so we have reserved it for the chicks.
I had planned on running along the base of it with hardware cloth which I will bury.
Considering it is a chain link fence, and the night time coop will be secure and lockable, do you think I would have to cover the entire run with hardware cloth?
I am hoping to pinch some pennies here and maybe use a mixture of hardware cloth and poultry netting, reinforcing week spot (corners and door area) with hardware cloth.
I have not decided how to cover the top of the run either.

I needed about 80' of hardware cloth and could not find any good prices. Lowes, Home Depot, and TSC were all way too high. My local ACE hardware store ordered a 100' roll of 1/2" x 4' for $109. Ordered it on Tuesday, picked it up at the store on Friday. Also got a 150' roll of 4' 1 inch hex poultry netting for $49.

I love how years later this information is still valuable and excellent. Another reason I think this forum rocks.
highfive.gif

I snagged up a couple rolls of chicken wire at TS last week because it was a big roll and reasonably priced.
I plan on using it for out mobile "daytime, play in the yard while we are home" tractor.

Our "play outside when we are not home" run is a chain link run that my dogs hate to use, so we have reserved it for the chicks.
I had planned on running along the base of it with hardware cloth which I will bury.
Considering it is a chain link fence, and the night time coop will be secure and lockable, do you think I would have to cover the entire run with hardware cloth?
I am hoping to pinch some pennies here and maybe use a mixture of hardware cloth and poultry netting, reinforcing week spot (corners and door area) with hardware cloth.
I have not decided how to cover the top of the run either.
No. Chicken wire is good for the top of the run for hawk protection.

Back
Top Bottom